We’re in town for Sister-in-Law’s wedding this weekend and it’s always a whirlwind to see everyone, do everything and putting a wedding into the mix makes for a busy weekend. But it doesn’t mean that I won’t stop at one of these places.
If you have a quick visit to Austin planned, here are some of my guilty pleasures:
- Taco Cabana– Think of a sit down Taco Bell with booze and homemade tortillas. It’s quick, it’s pink and it’s really good. I always swing by for a breakfast burrito.
- Bill Miller BBQ– Rancher plate. For $5 you get one meat, two sides and a large iced tea.
- SaltLick– Brisket. This is good stuff opposed to Bill Miller which is cheap and tasty. The BBQ sauce here is vinergy, but has that wasabi appeal to it.
- Kolaches- Get them anywhere, I have a few favorite spots, but Kolaches are the best in Central Texas.
- Katz– Did you know Schlotzsky’s is an Austin based company? So, imagine a deli like that before it became a chain. This place is awesome.
Guilty pleasures. Where would we be without them?