Earning a MBA degree is a significant advantage in today’s competitive job market, yet allocating an MBA programs into one’s busy schedule can be very difficult. Now, you can study your MBA program online from some of the leading accredited online universities without leaving home.
Online MBA is a distance learning program that utilize the advantage of the internet-based technology to deliver MBA programs via the Internet. With the continuing enhancement of internet technology, including greater use of web cams, there is a high likelihood that the number of programs available online will increase overtime.
There are many online MBA programs which vary greatly In terms of content and choices available. You can get an MBA with lots of specializations selection, such as Information Technology Management, Economics, Finance Planning etc. Make sure that it is an accredited program so that it will be highly accepted by employers, and are eligible for financial aid scholarships and federal student loans.
The course information is most often provided through print or electronic media with support from the tutors. Interaction with other students can often be facilitated through online communication such as discussion groups or instant messaging.
The main advantages of online MBA courses:
– First and foremost is the great flexibility especially for people with full time job and have kids or other family members to take care of at home. This allows many people the opportunity to advance their education that would not otherwise be able to. This also help to avoid the hassle of journey to the campus, saving hours of commute and quite a good amount of money.
– Secondly, it is affordable, online courses are considerably less expensive than the traditional programs because of the lower tuition fee and text book fees as most of the learning materials can be downloaded.
– A wide range of course selections from reputable Universities are available for students
– You are frequently being given personal attention from your tutors which you cannot guarantee from a classroom setting.
– Students with physical disabilities benefit greatly by this program
– Modern online programs enable students to have more contacts with their fellow students and faculty than traditional distance learning programs, via chat rooms and e-mail. They have also improved the speed of delivering assignments, from both faculty to student and vice-versa.
The main disadvantages of online MBA courses:
– You must be discipline and be self motivated, and have good time management skills to succeed.
– The lack of interaction with the other students and faculty lead to inadequate classroom learning and team discussions.
– Some employers may not recognize online MBA as easy as they would for traditional MBA
– It can be tough to find the energy to study if you need to juggle between work and family life.
– It is easy to feel isolated with this learning, particularly if you find any aspects of the course challenging.
– You may not get immediate answers to your queries as your communications with your tutors will mostly through mails.
– Your personnel commitment required to study, apart from the current work and family commitments. Courses are flexible and thus allow learners to alter the course to their specific needs. As a result, students can focus on the topics they actually need to learn.
– As the online education’s key channel of communication is through Internet, it will be disadvantage if you don’t know its usage well.
In conclusion, get as much as information on your selected online university’s program and review it to see whether it is truthful in its advertising and recruiting and the most important is whether it meet your education need and career goal.